Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bookly Nookly

This summer (at least for me) is the summer of reading. I have so many books to finish (and start!), that I sat down and had a long talk with myself. I looked at all the books I own and how many of them I've started and haven't finished, or how many I've never read, or some I've never even SEEN before (truth). That is when I realized I have an addiction to books. The smell of the paper, the feel of a new cover, the thrill of an unknown plot...needless to say, my addiction is taking up too much room! So I made a list of all the books I need to finish or read, and then I'm going to go through them and pass them on to new hands. It's hard for me to get rid of books (even harder to stick with one book without starting another), but I honestly don't have enough space! A lot of the books I own are old and I've grown out of them, but there are quite a lot that I have yet to even read! I plan on posting a review when I finish the books, kind of as a final goodbye (unless I really love it...). I have finished a few, but those reviews will come later! For now, a compilation of the books I'll be reading (or trying to):

Books to Finish:
  1. Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War by Clive Barker - I got this book as a Christmas present my 7th( or 8th?) grade year, so let's just saw it's been a long time coming for me to finish this book....
  2. Columbine by Dave Cullen - My friend let me borrow this the day high school ended. That was two years ago.....
  3. Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson - I started this a year ago, but it was a little slow at the beginning. I'm going to give it another go and see if I can finish it.
  4. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray - I started this trilogy my freshman year of high school and zoomed through the first book! I finished the second pretty soon after that, but I couldn't get ahold of the last one until a year later. It was a library book and I had to return it, but a dear friend of mine got it for me! I just have to remember where I left off...
  5. The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice - I started it a year or two ago, but I wasn't feeling it too much. I still want to finish it, though!
  6. The Doctor's Wife by Elizabeth Brundage - This I started the beginning of my senior year. It seemed pretty dark and depressing, but I was hooked on it until school work piled up.
  7. Devil in the White City by Erik Larson - Found this for 50 cents at a thrift store! Can't wait to finish it!
  8. No One Gets Out Here Alive by Jerry Hopkins - Jim Morrison's biography. I'm about halfway through. Found it for a dollar at Goodwill, couldn't have found a better book.
  9. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris - I became a big fan of Trueblood before I read the series, so it kind of ruined the book. Still want to read it, since I heard it differs from the television show.
  10. Dracula by Bram Stoker - Classic that I need to finish.
  11. Sweep: The Coven by Cate Tiernan - I stumbled on this series a looooong time ago, when my best friends and I lived at the library. I read the first book probably ten times, so I decided to buy the next book. I got caught up with other things, so I need to finish this still!
  12. No Humans Involved by Kelly Armstrong - I started this one before I found out there was a sequel to the one I had read first (Dime Store Magic), so I coulodn't go on with this, but as soon as I'm done, I'll definitely be finishing this!
  13. Industrial Magic (reading now) by Kelly Armstrong - These books are too good. They're faced paced and read like a letter from your best friend. I'll be done with this in no time!
  14. In The Flesh by Clive Barker - I wanted a good horror story to scare my pants off, and I just so happened to find this for $2 at Half Price Books. I started it and can already tell there will be some sleepless nights....
There are definitely more I have to read, but I need to wrap this up and start my summer reading. Poolside reading never sounded better...



No comments:

Post a Comment