Thursday, May 24, 2012

Things I Love Thursday

It's a busy day (and weekend) for me! I'm going camping with one of my closest friends, Brittany! Brittany and I go waaaaay back, and have tons of camping stories together. Brittany, however, tends to be on the dangerously adventurous side...

For example, we went camping for her 13th birthday one year, at this campsite far out in the middle of nowhere. We stayed for four days, playing hide-and-seek with her little cousins and sister, swimming in the lake, and lots of hiking. Well, we had gone with her family earlier in the day to this place called "Devil's Den". It was a rocky cavern that opened up to the sky, where you could hike up around it. We just went inside and looked at the rocks, then went back to our campsite. Adventurous Brittany decided that she and I would go on our own hike, taking her mom's video camera. So, just me and her, hiking up over this rocky pit with me manning the camera. We got to a curve in the trail where it winded around the den. It was too narrow and slippery with moss for me, so I told her that it wasn't a good way to go. Brittany just laughed and started to crab walk across, getting on her butt and scooting on the little ledge (remember, I was filming). She starts saying "See, I got this," but stops and her eyes get wide as she starts slipping off into the den about thirty feet below, all stone. She starts screaming, I start screaming, I shove the camera into a rock crevice and grab her hand, pulling her back on the ledge. So now she has to walk sideways to the safe side of the cavern, which she makes it. I beat her to the main road, and she comes tumbling out of the bushes, one shoe on. We just look at each other and laugh that hysterical, insanity-ridden laughter. We rewatched that tape at her graduation party and died laughing. If Brittany had fallen, she probably would've broken her legs or maybe worse. Let me tell you, Brittany gets me into crazy situations like this ALL the time. No joke. So, going camping for four days, just me and her, I can't say I'm not a little nervous. But excited! I'm sure it'll be a hilarious time.

SO! Since I have so much packing to do, I'm just going to make a quick little list of the things I'm loving right meow. (Yeah, right meow.)

MUSIC:
  • Type O Negative-Black No. 1 - I'd heard of Type O, but never actually given them a listen until I was looking up some music to write to. Peter Steele's voice and big bass are the best.
  • Alanis Morissette-Your House- This song is kind of creepy, kind of sad, all beautiful.
  • Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds- Nick Cave's voice is just too good to be true. Good thing it's true.
  • Depeche Mode-Enjoy the Silence -  I should have been born an 80's goth kid, obviously.
MOVIES:
  David Bowie as a Goblin King in spandex pants, need I say more? I love this movie, ever since I first saw it when I was little, and I've been addicted to it lately! Not complaining!

EVERYTHING ELSE:
  •  Gold/Green eyeliner - It's so so pretty! I saw gold eyeliner (eyeshadow used as liner) on a picture Sugarpill cosmetics creator Shrinkle posted on her twitter. I love the colors Sugarpill uses, but the gold eyeshadow is like no other I've seen. Investment time!
  • Spudbottom Puppets - Found at a little toy store downtown. I NEED THEM.
  • Glittery Sunglasses - I superglued some glitter on an old pair of sunglasses to jazz 'em up. Pictures later!
  • And, as always, this man. Just look at him! A smile on Glenn's face is ALWAYS my favorite.
Well, that's all I can think up right now. I'm off to pack away and have oodles of fun in the sun. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment