Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kids are creepy.

Close your eyes. Imagine you're laying in bed, moonlight spilling through the window and laying perfectly across your blankets, leaving the rest of the room in darkness. You feel a presence suddenly, and open your eyes to see a man in black staring at you. Scary?

Now, imagine you're laying in the same room, but instead when you open your eyes, you see a child with long hair and black eyes, staring deep into your soul. Did you feel that chill?

Every time, no matter what, if a horror movie has a kid in it, living or dead, you're guaranteed nightmares. Why are kids so creepy? Maybe it's because they're supposed to be innocent and pure, but then they turn out to be the reincarnation of Satan. Maybe it's that fact that they're supposed to be young and only think about toys and candy, then they talk to you about death and ghosts. Maybe it's that they're so cute, you'd never expect them to stab you to death. Or maybe it's just because kids are terrifying.

Don't believe me? Here are some kids that will make you wet yourself and cry for your mommy.


She just wants a hug.
Samara Morgan, The Ring - I could barely even look at the screen when I googled this little creepster. The first time I saw this film, I buried my head in my mom's shoulder the entire time. I don't think I've seen the film since, thanks to this little bundle of evil. The long, dark hair and pale skin are just the perfect combination on a little kid for goosebumps. And look at that face, only a mother could love. Well, almost.


Rynn Jacobs, The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane - Young Jodie Foster is surprisingly creepy in this film. Rynn Jacobs is one of those examples of little kids that know more than the average adult, which is a trait of the ideal creepy kid. Plus those bodies in the basement don't help.


Damien Thorn, The Omen 1976 - Just look at that little cherubic face, looking down and smiling. If you saw what he was looking at, you wouldn't being thinking "What a cute wittle face!". This little demon spawn (literally, he's the Antichrist) is just pure horror, all wrapped up in an adorable package. I bet Satan's proud.

This kid does not play nice.
 Gage, Pet Sematary - I HATE THIS LITTLE KID. Have you seen this film? I bet you're thinking "What a cute kid."  His evil little laugh while he carries that knife to slice off your ankles is really cute, huh?

Regan, The Exorcist - I can't even justify this queen of the horror children with a picture, she's creeps me out so much. I tried looking up a picture, but I couldn't bring myself to actually put one in the post. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just look up The Exorcist. Get ready to not sleep.

Issac, The Children of the Corn 1984 - Okay, all the kids in this movie were terrifying, but this kid took the cake. The original version of this film isn't as bad as the actual story or the Syfy remake, but it was still pretty spooky. The way Issac looks at you makes you cringe with fear. Also, his voice made me want to choke him the entire film. God, I hated that.

These are just a few of the creepiest kids in movies that just justify never having kids. I mean, seriously, what if your kid ends up being one of these? Whew, that's incentive to just own cats and guinea pigs my whole life.

Wait, are there evil cats, too?

happy haunting xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment