Monday, October 29, 2012

Ghoul-Approved Music

Hello, again! Less than three days until Halloween, and I'm pretty excited. I'm planning on a nice little dinner with friends, maybe carving a leftover pumpkin, then wreaking some havoc on my town. Or just watching a lot of horror movies or going to a haunted house! So many choices, so little time...

Speaking of little time, do you have a Halloween shindig in the works? Maybe you're a little overwhelmed by all the tune possibilities to play at your party? You don't want your choices to be too obvious, but you don't want your guests to be bored to death by the third song. Never fear, reader dear! I'm here to keep you the life of the party, and make sure your guests will dance their toes off, all the while appreciating the nice Halloween-ness of every song.

Ghostbusters theme song: Okay, so this isn't the actual video for the Ghostbusters theme, but it is quite hilarious. Maybe put this up towards the beginning of your party to warm up your guests? Whatever you do, this song is so perfect for Halloween. Not one person doesn't know the line "Who ya gonna call?".
 
 
 Black No. 1- Type O Negative: I just stumbled on this song this summer, and I really dig it. Like, a lot. Plus the extended version even says "Everyday is Halloween," so it's automatically a favorite. Not really for kids, but it still rocks.


Little Red Riding Hood- Sam Sham and the Pharaohs: I can never stop thanking Pandora for this little ditty. I frequent the Halloween Party Station (but sometimes it goes on a random tangent), and this gem popped up. I cannot get enough of it. It's so dark and awesome and just great. 
 

Halloween- The Misfists: Anything Danzig comes up with, I love, obviously. But when it's about my other love, Halloween? Then it's pretty much my soul mate. So this song I listen to year round, but it's blasphemy not to play it on Halloween.

Graveyard Party- Be Your Own Pet: This band is killer, but this song? It's so awesome, and it's about zombies partying and drinking and eating people. So pretty much what you'll probably be doing on Halloween (except the eating people...), so you might as well make it your anthem now.


Killer's Touch- The Graveyard Stompers: This band is actually my uncle's band, but they are too amazing to not include! I mean, they dress up as ghouls, have stage names like Ophelia Shiver, and they play all types of different instruments. This is one of their originals, which was filmed at a haunted house by my hometown. If you like what you hear, check out their site! They actually just released their album Who's Got The Mojo, which is chock full of Halloween jams. You won't be disappointed!


Living Dead Girl- Rob Zombie: My older brother listened to White Zombie and then Rob Zombie when I was a wee baby (he even named our dog Zombie), so I was pretty much fated to love rock music and Rob Zombie. Well, sure enough I do and Halloween isn't Halloween without playing any of his music. This is one of my favorites because it's just a good song to move to.


I could keep going on and on and on with this list, but I figured I'd cut it short or else your guests would be dancing for eternity. I'll definitely be moving my feet to these songs in a few days, but for now I'm off to watch Hocus Pocus again to relive my childhood distraction-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment