Saturday, October 6, 2012

Movie Madness

Sorry for the little hiatus this week! My goal of posting everyday did not expect for the bad news I received this week, so I will be a little behind on posting this coming week as well, but I will try my best to post fabulous things to make up for it. I need something regular to keep me in check, so I'll try my best, just bare with me.

Update: For my month long horror movie marathon (which I am behind, as well) I watched the films The Loved Ones, Delicatessen, and the classic Rocky Horror Picture Show. I had read about The Loved Ones on another cryptkeeper's blog (I can't remember who it was now! Thank you, anonymous cryptkeeper!). Let me just tell you right now, if you like deranged unrequited love that wields an electric screwdriver, this is right up your alley. Honestly, it was surprisingly disturbing.

This ain't no Pretty in Pink.
If you easily get songs in your head as well, prepare to never be able to get the main song of this movie out of your head. It will consume your entire brain and you won't stop singing it until you get another creepy song stuck in your head (in my case, that awful "I Fink You're Freeky". Don't look it up).

Delicatessen had been a film I'd been wanting to see for ages, so I was so happy to find it in one of my local movie 'stores' on campus. I got to see most of it, and of what I saw I was really pleased as punch. The view of it was so beautiful and different, and the costumes were just wonderful.

It did have its odd parts and pieces, but overall I thought the film was very enjoyable (even with all that death and cannibalism, but we can look past that). My favorite character was Aurore Interligator. She hears voices that drive her to suicide attempts that end up going haywire and saving her. Her whole look and style and characteristics are just so original and classic. Oh Aurore, I love you.

Silly Aurore, you don't wear clothes in the bathtub!
And there's nothing to say about Rocky Horror Picture Show, since I've seen it over thirty times probably, so we'll just skip that part.

COSTUME UPDATE: I've had quite a few changes of heart, when it comes to my costumes (not surprising in the slightest), so my new costume ideas are as follows:

Shaun from Shaun of the Dead


Okay, so I love this movie. Seriously, I could watch this movie everyday. Maybe that's because of Simon Pegg or maybe because it's hilarious, but either way it's great. So, thanks to my new found love of Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now", my brain thought up dressing as Shaun for Halloween. I mean, yeah I'm not a guy, but I DO NOT CARE ONE BIT. So, you might just see a female Shaun walking around this Halloween, fighting off zombies.

Thor
I don't know what's up with me and dressing as men for Halloween (I was Garth Algar from Wayne's World last year), but I feel like they end up being the greatest costumes. PLUS I love wearing Thor's helmet from Target and I already have a hammer, so it's pretty much in the bag for me.

And then I thought of just dressing as a zombie, because last minute blood and carnage is the most fun thing to do. I went walking through the Halloween store and all these  sailorettes and nuns were grinning at me, and the costume that caught my eye was the bloody pin up. Now that is my kinda costume.


OH! And last weekend my friend and I went out to see Hotel Transylvania. Let me tell you now: It was the cutest film ever! I highly suggest going to see it. The Mummy is the coolest, and the Wolf Man's kids are freakin' adorable. You won't regret it!

I hope you're having a good day and enjoying your October 6th. I am off to go pumpkin patchin', so be prepared for pictures. Woo!

Happy Haunting! xoxo
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about going to see Hotel Transylvania :) I propably will.
    Take it easy, and don't beat yourself up if you're not able to post everyday. Blogging is suppose to be fun, not stressful, I always say :)

    ReplyDelete